"Since attending Total Tuition, my son has come on leaps and bounds. He's better at sharing and understanding that his behaviour has an impact on others around him, and educationally he's doing brilliantly." Parent
"The provision has already surpassed our expectations with what we believed was possible for our young people, and we look forward to seeing just how much they are able to achieve in the future." Newcastle Local Authority
- CONNECTION BEFORE CORRECTION -
Total Tuition are a trauma-informed education service specialising in 1:1 bespoke academic support through mental health, trauma, and SEN interventions.
We are committed to providing a safe learning environment in which children can improve academic performance, develop positive relationships, and be inspired to love learning.
We offer bespoke placements to students from Year 1- Year 11.
Total Tuition is currently undergoing a DfE application for Independent School Status. Our application has been delayed due to Covid-19, but we hope to become registered and able to accept full-time students at Rosewood Independent School from January 2021.
- Permanently excluded children
- Children at risk of exclusion
- Looked After Children/ Children in Care
- Children facing social and emotional challenges
- School refusers
- Children with mental health concerns
- Children with mild to moderate SEN
- Children who have experienced trauma or adverse childhood experiences
- On site alternative provision for primary and secondary children
- Bespoke exclusion prevention packages for schools
- In-school SEN and behaviour mentoring for staff
- In-school 'pop up' alternative provision
- Homeschool teaching
- Level 2 Positive Handling training
- Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour Training
- ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) training
All of our placements involve a high level of support beyond the classroom. We work closely with Early Help, CYPS, Primary Mental Health, and allocated social workers. We build positive relationships with parents/carers. We attend Core Meetings for our students, and provide reports upon request. As we have a qualified and experienced SENCO in our Senior Leadership Team, we support with EHCP applications, observations, and assessments. We are also happy to help external professionals deliver support courses to hard-to-reach children who find engaging with services challenging. We have experience supporting the Youth Offending Team, Educational Psychologists, Adolescent and Child Domestic Violence Teams, and SORTED (Substance Misuse Services).
We build packages of bespoke support options for North East schools to support children who are at risk of exclusion, who are facing social and emotional challenges, or who require additional academic support.
We are able to offer certified Awareness, Foundation, and Advanced courses in Adverse Childhood Experiences, Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour, Level 2 Positive Handling, and First Aid for Mental Health.
Our social and emotional specialist primary provision offers children aged 5-11 the opportunity to cover the core subjects on a 1:1 or 1:2 basis in our stimulating and welcoming learning space. Our goal is school reintegration.
To inspire children to achieve success to their highest potential.
- To develop confident, self assured, and able learners.
- To share our passion and enthusiasm for education.
- To provide a stimulating learning experience for all children.
- To support children for life-readiness.
- To develop independence, self-esteem, and resilience in pupils.
- To encourage social and emotional growth through promoting good relationships with adults and other children.
- To create a welcoming environment for all children and visitors.
Please follow the link to make a referral.