BELIEVE - ACHIEVE - SUCCEED
“Total Tuition help me get ready for school by making posters, learning things about school, and talking about it to help me feel less worried.”
“The tutors and staff are nice and really supportive.”
Total Tuition are a trauma-informed learning centre specialising in bespoke academic support through 1:1 and very small group mental health, trauma, and SEN interventions.
- Permanently excluded children
- Children at risk of exclusion
- Children facing social and emotional challenges
- School refusers
- Children with mental health concerns
- Children with mild to moderate SEN
- Children who have experienced trauma or adverse childhood experiences
- On site alternative provision for primary children in Pegswood
- On site alternative provision for secondary children in Ashington
- Bespoke exclusion prevention packages for schools
- In-school SEN and behaviour mentoring for staff
- In-school 'pop up' alternative provision
- Homeschool teaching
- Level 2 Positive Handling training
- Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour Training
- ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) training
We consider ourselves a trauma-informed provision, and are committed to providing a safe learning environment in which children can improve academic performance, develop positive relationships, and be inspired to love learning.
We build packages of bespoke support options for North East schools to support children who are at risk of exclusion, who are facing social and emotional challenges, or who require additional academic support.
We are recognised as a Trauma Informed Centre and are able to offer certified Awareness, Foundation, and Advanced courses in Child Trauma, Adverse Childhood Experiences, Understanding and Managing Challenging Behaviour, and Level 2 Positive Handling.
Our social and emotional specialist primary provision offers children aged 5-11 the opportunity to cover the core subjects on a 1:1 or 1:2 basis in our stimulating and welcoming learning space. Our goal is school reintegration.
We are able to offer bespoke homeschool teaching arrangements with small groups or on a 1:1 basis, either within the home, in a local teaching space, or within our centre. Our homeschooling is suitable for children aged 4-16.
Our secondary provision offers 1:1 and 1:2 maths and English with a social and emotional focus to secondary students. We support children towards relevant exams or with school reintegration.
To inspire children to achieve success to their highest potential.
- To develop confident, self assured, and able learners.
- To share our passion and enthusiasm for education.
- To provide a stimulating learning experience for all children.
- To support children for life-readiness.
- To develop independence, self-esteem, and resilience in pupils.
- To encourage social and emotional growth through promoting good relationships with adults and other children.
- To create a welcoming environment for all children and visitors.
Please follow the link to make a referral.